8/30/2014

Good Crafternoon - You've been framed!

Hi Beauties~

I love my crafternoons!  It is when I get a little time alone to do my crafts (usually on a weekend).  Today, I want to show you how I turned the Hardwood stamp into a frame rather than just a mere background.  I stamped crumbcake card stock with baked brown sugar ink, then using my Stampin' Trimmer, I cut out the inside of the card stock to the size I wanted.  Then I spritz it with water and crumpled it to get a more weathered wood look.  This made a perfect frame for my flower.  Using Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities to color in my stamped images, I believe these inks make the images come to life.  I just love the new blendabilites and can't wait to see more and more colors come out in the future.  I used the standard A2 card size and trimmed the opposite corners with a my corner rounder punch.  These are just a few of the items that I used to create the Sympathy Card pictured below.

www.jeanpiersanti.stampinup.net

 Remember, just because it is a background stamp, doesn't mean it has to be used only as a background.  Get those creativity juices flowing and have a wonderful CRAFTERNOON !!!

In my Opinion:  Although the clear stamps are less expensive, I prefer the wood stamps for large backgrounds.  It makes it much easier and less messy.  Plus it's always ready with very little prep time.

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=133032&dbwsdemoid=2093073 

Hardwood Wood Stamp Set 133032
Price: $17.95
When you walk into a house and see beautiful hardwood floors, you instantly drool. Get that same reaction to your cards with this wood mount background stamp.

Happy Stampin' Beauties!!! ~ Jean Piersanti Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Order Stampin' Up! products 24/7 at http://www.jeanpiersanti.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment